Monday, July 2, 2012

A NOTE TO YOUNG LOVERS --- T.H.E. MOON

Love is something that never dies.
Love is always there, never uncertain.
Love is not only loving but being loved.
For if you feel you are being loved, your love becomes stronger.
And in becoming stronger, it grows until it consumes your whole life.
And your love should be your whole life.
One should never say "I once loved you."
Because love is never a one time affair.
Only physical love is such the case, not true love.
True love is always there, never uncertain.
If you have been "shot down" as the saying goes.
Thank God that you are alive and not dead.
For such a love was not true.
And in not being true it would never have lasted.
If it leaves you sad and with memories,
If it makes you uncertain of the future,
If it seems as if the end of the world is near,
You must live each day to its fullest extent.
Hoping that the pain goes away,
Wishing that the memories leave you,
Praying that your true love will feel as strong, if not stronger in loving you.
Love is something that you never want to shut your heart to.
For if you shut your heart to love, you shut your eyes to life.
And in shutting your heart to love you become a plant,
And not the supreme creature God intended you to be.


T. H. E. Moon


This is from a poster I had as a teenager. It was felt and illuminated under a black light.  So many memories there!!!  When the poster became to old to keep any longer, I typed up the contents on a type writer and still have that yellowed sheet. I have tried to locate it on the internet and in the library with no success, mainly to discover if the author is imaginary of actual initials.  If anyone has any further information on this I would love to be updated. Hope you enjoy.

16 comments:

  1. This poster is for sale right now on ebay. They want $85 for it. But I still have my poster yet it is is bad shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I did the exact same thing April - THNX, now I don't have to retype it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this poster in front of me right now and I just love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I too grew up with this poster and had most of it memorized. It is awesome!! Thank you for taking me back...what a powerful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG my ex fiancee gave this to me when we were teenagers. I can't believe I still remember all the words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting this. I once had this as a teenager and since Google came along I decided to type in what I remembered about the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found this in a box of old letters, handwritten out by me... I was like, did I write this? So I googled it - and found your post - I must have had the poster too and wrote it all out on a piece of paper :) thank you for your post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anybody remember one just like this about addiction to heroin. I’ve tried to find it for years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. “ so now little man
    You’ve grown tired of grass
    LSD pcp Cocaine and hash
    And someone pretending to be a true friend
    Said I’ll introduce you to miss heroin.
    Well honey before you start messing with me,just let me inform you of how it will be.
    For I will seduce you and make you my slave, I’ve sent men much stronger than you to their grave.

    There way more but I can’t remeber it and wonder if anyone else can remember it or at least the name of it so I can google it and maybe find a hard copy of it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had this poster too.... I have lived my life by it...it hung on my wall when I started dating my husband, and we've been together now 40+ years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My boyfriend sent me this in the 70's and then he married someone else

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember this from when I was a child. We use to sneak into the basement where my older sister and brother would have parties. They had a lot of black velvet posters including Love is and this one. I have found revised versions of Ms. Heroine online though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine in 1980 and hug it on my bedroom wall. When I got married I hug it once again on our bedroom wall. It is still in great shape.my husband passed away Dec. 11, 2021. And it will hang there till I die.

      Delete
  13. I have a different poster that I have had since the 1960's. It reads like this:
    I believe in Right because without It there is the absence of God

    I believe in God because without Him there is the absence of Love

    I believe in Love because without It there is the absence of You

    I believe in You because without You there is the absence of Me.

    t.h.e. moon

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had this exact felt poster on my bedroom wall as a teenager in the 70's. I have the poem memorized. I wondered if it was anywhere online? So glad you posted this. Such a great memory. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete